Joined: 8 Jul 11
Here are the main achievements for 2018:
1. We created a new app to find all septic (degree 7) fields with discriminant less than 200E6. This search took about 6 months to complete and extended the previous best discriminant bound by a factor of 40. Many new degree 7 fields were found and added to the database. We are currently in the process of having the results published.
2. The decic app completed the largest search to date over Q(√-2), dataset 13x271. The decic app also completed a bunch of smaller searches over the lower discriminant bounds for Q(√-5).
3. We made some progress on a GPU app. We now have a multi-precision library (thanks Dan!) and I have started looking into how to port some of the pari functions. This is not a trivial problem and still expect it to take at least several more months.
Happy New Year everyone!