About NumberFields@homeNumberFields@home is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in number theory. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.
NumberFields@home searches for fields with special properties. The primary application of this research is in the realm of algebraic number theory. Number theorists can mine the data for interesting patterns to help them formulate conjectures about number fields. Ultimately, this research will lead to a deeper understanding of the properties of numbers, the basic building blocks of all mathematics. A more detailed description of the project can be found here.
NumberFields@home is based at the school of mathematics at Arizona State University. The final results of this project will be complete tables of number fields. The results are given in table form or as a searchable database.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel/Amd processor.
- At least 128MB of ram free.
- 32MB of free disk space.
- Windows, Linux or Mac (x86) OS.
- Read our rules and policies
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Attach to Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line or pre-5.0 version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here.
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Teams - create or join a team